Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
FlexSim is two things:
1) FlexSim is shorthand for our company, FlexSim Software Products, Inc. We’ve been around since 1993 and have always been on the cutting edge of discrete event simulation technology. You can read more about us here.
2) FlexSim is a software product, or more specifically, our suite of software products, consisting of
- FlexSim Simulation Software. For industries like manufacturing, material handling, packaging, logistics, abstract concepts, and more. This is the go-to package for almost any simulation need. Learn more about FlexSim here.
- FlexSim HC – Healthcare Simulation. Designed specifically for medical professionals, FlexSim HC helps you streamline patient flow, plan facility layout, optimize your emergency room, and much more. You can learn more about FlexSim HC here.
- FlexSim CT – Container Terminals. A simulation suite for simulating, planning, or evaluating existing or future container terminal ports and their related operations. Find out about FlexSim CT here.
What is simulation?
Simulation is the imitation of some real thing or process. Simulating something involves representing key characteristics or behaviors of a physical or abstract system. Simulation can be used to show the eventual real effects of alternative conditions and courses of action. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation)
Basically, simulation is a tool used to find out new information, or plan for new opportunities, inside the computer rather than in real life.
Why simulate? What are the benefits?
Simulation allows you to answer questions or make decisions that otherwise might be costly or too risky. Simulation lets you play with “what-if” scenarios, such as “What if we bought this new expensive equipment? What if we made some extra space in the transfer area? What if we hired 3 more workers? What if we could decrease down time 5%? What if we could decrease waste 5%” and so on.
Answering these and other questions in your real-life system could be time consuming, expensive, or wasteful. That’s why its smart to simulate your ideas first. Simulation can tell you what the outcome of each “what-if” scenario might be.
Watch our video to find out why you should simulate.
Does FlexSim offer any services besides their software?
FlexSim is committed to satisfying all your simulation needs, including top rate technical support, model building, training, and custom development. We can help you as much (or as little) as you need in order to make your simulation efforts successful. One year of comprehensive technical support is standard with each license sold, and our model building, training, and development hourly rates are among the most competitive in the industry.
Our commitment to our clients sets us apart from the competition. Want to know more about how FlexSim can help you succeed in simulation? Watch our video to learn how FlexSim can help you succeed.
Where can I find more videos about FlexSim?
If you’re like us and like to learn visually, check out our YouTube channel. There you’ll find several videos produced in-house by our team of simulation professionals. As this library grows, it will become a fantastic resource full of tutorials, demonstrations, and other good stuff.
You can also search YouTube for models and presentations made by our partners and clients. Some of these models are really incredible, and do a great job of showing what FlexSim is capable of, and just how great our FlexSim users are.
If you have any questions about our company or our products, feel free to お問い合わせ.