Robotics Summer Camp
July 29 – August 16, 2019
Quinnipiac University’s Industrial Engineering program invites high school students and working professionals who are interested in learning and implementing engineering solutions, to attend a hybrid (online and on-ground) summer camp that will introduce participants to two industrial robots and their applications.
The 19-day session will incorporate online instructions, and a day of on-campus activities to work with actual robots. This is an exciting opportunity for those who would want to learn more about industrial robots and their applications.
Students who participate in the online summer camp will:
- Program ABB robots using RobotStudio software in a 3D setting
- Learn basic coding of the industrial robots by using RobotStudio
- Gain knowledge to implement robotics solutions for industrial applications
- Use Mobile Industrial Robots (MiR) for transportation management
- Learn how to use ABB robots and MiR
- Solve engineering problems for advancing industrial applications
During the 19-day camp, participants will download RobotStudio software for learning robotics, in addition to learning about MiR in an exclusively online environment. Hands-on experience with the state-of-the-art robots will be completed during a day long on-campus activity.
Registration Deadline: June 15
This program will have three main parts:
- Online training of Mobile Industrial Robots
- Professor’s instructional videos for learning RobotStudio software
- On-ground use of MiR and an ABB robot named Yumi (IRB 14000)
Participants will experience the use of a powerful robotics software and a robot used for transportation purposes. Upon completion, you will be able to use two different robots with engineering applications at a basic level for various industrial work environments.
As part of the camp experience, you will:
- Create 3D robotics solutions
- Learn basics of Rapid programming language
- Create engineering solutions for engineering applications
- Learn how to use robotics for transportation applications
An authorization code will be send to you upon your acceptance to the Camp if you send the required documents (listed below) for the Camp via email to [email protected]. You won’t be allowed to register to the Camp without an authorization code.
- Learn RobotStudio software RAPID programming at beginners’ level
- Study the basics of Mobile Industrial Robots and their applications
- Exclusive access to download RobotStudio during the camp period
- Complete online training for Mobile Industrial Robots at beginners’ level
- Access to a PC computer—desktop or laptop (Preferably not an Apple computer)
- Statement of interest for attending (one page, double-spaced)
- $899 registration fee for students and $1,199 for working professionals (alumni will be receiving a special rate of discount on the original price)
- A maximum of 10 participants will be accepted to participate the camp
Yumi (IRB 14000)
To register contact Professor Emre Tokgoz at [email protected]