FlexSim makes it easy to analyze and optimize any system in any industry.
See videos on how FlexSim can serve you in your industry:
What is FlexSim?
FlexSim Software Products has been pushing the boundaries of simulation software for 20 years. Our goal has been and always will be to create the best simulation software, tools that are both powerful and user-friendly. We will have accomplished that goal if you use one of our industry-leading products to optimize your current or planned process, reduce waste, and increase revenue. Try FlexSim for free today.
FlexSim means value.
FlexSim is different from other sim software developers in that we are entirely focused on providing value to you and your business. We listen attentively to customer needs and invest the vast majority of our time and resources into development instead of marketing and advertising—all so our software can provide maximum value to our customers. Our active user base and knowledgeable technical support staff is ready and willing to help you make the most of your software simulation experience. We know you want answers about your business process, and we want to help you find them.
Simulate. Analyze. Optimize. All with FlexSim.
By analyzing a system in a well-made simulation model, you are given access to relevant data that will aid in discovering and removing waste.
Simulation allows you to tweak and test important facets of your business, and determine which changes will optimize your system and increase revenue.
Advanced 3D graphics can help management or clients visualize the environment and buy into a new system or a proposed change.
The right tool.
You don't drive a nail with a screw driver, and you don't use a spreadsheet as simulator software.
- Integrated 3D visualization and animation, fully customizable
- 3D object oriented drag-drop-connect environment
- Objects can use imported 3d media (.wrl, .3ds, .skp, .stl, .dxf) to give visual customization
- Import CAD layout as a model base
- Easy creation of custom libraries for re-use
- Great base class objects for development of new custom objects
- Integration with Excel (import, export, plus copy/paste directly to FlexSim GlobalTables)
- Links to any database through ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) including Access, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Dynamic in-model and on-screen metrics
- FlexSim Charts module (Object Comparison, Gantt, Time Plot, Financial Report, etc.)
- Summary and State Report exports to Excel
- Dynamic file-write during model run
- Making modeling faster and easier:
- sophisticated parameterized objects designed to model logistically complex systems
- large number pre-configured behavior options with simplified interfacing
- simple Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V duplication of single objects or sub-systems
- customizable workspace
- intelligent operator/transporter modeling concept, including path networks and dispatchers
- interface for implementing scheduled and unplanned downtime
- Assign image files (png, jpg, bmp, tif) as a model base or object texture
- Discrete and Fluid object libraries included
Input/Output Analysis Tools
- Simulation Experiment Control module
- integrated with ExpertFit by Averill M. Law for statistical curve fitting of input data
- Set Model Layouts within a single model file
- Model Documentation widget
- OptQuest optimizer (this the only add-on)
- Dynamic 3D animation
- Fly-path creation using Presentation Builder
- Embed presentation slides within your model
- AVI Maker to create videos of model runs (many free screen-capture tools available for other formats)
- Create model view presets
- Powerful Animation Creator
- Perform database queries to import data into FlexSim using SQL
- Control FlexSim externally using COM communication (this includes OLE, ActiveX, etc.)
- DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)
- Integration with Visio
- Any connectivity that C++ offers
- Flexible licensing options using FLEXnet
- Full Standalone License
- Network License
- Timed License
- Educational License
- Runtime License (typically for simulation deployment to an operational user)
- Viewer (free download)
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems supported.
- FlexSim model files are encrypted and can be password protected
- First-class support, worldwide network
- Active user community forum
- Stable software, FlexSim GP first released in 2003
- Graphical User Interface Builder to build both custom model control and object interfaces
- Fully integrated debugging tools
- Flexscript coding uses c++ syntax
- Auto-completion hints while writing Flexscript code
- FlexSim command console for testing script, even during model run
- Intelligent Find/Replace widget
- Interfaces for simple creation of custom commands and global variables/macros
- Hierarchical tree view of model
- Open architecture; the platform itself is customizable
- DLL functionality for protecting C++ code, and linking to 3rd party optimization engines
- Genetic Algorithm integration assistance available for heuristic optimization
- Commands to auto-build models from parameterized data, such as an Excel file
- XML save features, allowing multiple developers to work on the same model simultaneously, as well as better integration with versioning management systems
- Engine is based on Visual C++ .NET framework, the language of Windows, providing endless integration opportunities (large foundation)
- Model size/run speed limited only by your pc hardware and operating system